Thursday, July 1, 2010

Did you say Dust??

God spoke everything into existence except for man. With man it says He made us. "Male and female he made them." We are not told how he made us, but we know the substance that he used, DUST. He took the dust of the earth and made man. We are told we are made in his image and after his likeness. We have the highest honor to be made like him. This is so assuring and comforting to me. How often I feel insignificant and ordinary. How often I look at my life and say, "Its all just dust." I am full of sin and pride, and lets not look at the decisions I have made. I am just dust, worth only to be swept away. But the Lord graciously shows us that he uses our dirt. When he made us he did not use silver and gold, but the with the dust of the earth he made us his most honored creation. Imagine, out of dust he made a human being able to walk, live, taste, smell, see, enjoy life, and fellowship with him. It's amazing. Out of dust he made a living being to be like himself. He even called the disciples who are made from dust like us his friends. So lets give to him the dirt and dust of our lives (our very selves) and allow him to make something special out of us.
Another thing to consider. Dust is everywhere. We cant get rid of it its so everywhere. Ever feel like there are people everywhere, and that you are just a face in the massive crowd. We see outstanding individuals from time to time and think, oh look at how they are being used by God. How I wish I was used also in such a special way too. Let me assure you, that God is in the business of using nameless, faceless, ordinary dust to advance his kingdom everyday. We are his workmanship, created in Christ for good works. If your feeling unwise, not powerful, not of noble birth, weak, low, and despised---we are the type of Dust God likes to use. 1 Corinthians 1:26-30

No comments:

Post a Comment